Mobo or systemfan problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had this computer for a year maybe, and recently it just died on me. I use to leave my computer on at pretty much all times and havent had any problems with it so far. But a few days ago when i was going to use it, it was dead, the monitor was in sleep mode, i could hear the fans and the leds where on. so i tried to reboot but nothing happend. The monitor is just in sleep mode, i can hear the fans and see the leds but nothing else, it wont POST and i dont get any beeps.

I have tried running it with only mobo, cpu and ram, reseated the parts, clearing cmos, but no change... But i noticed just recently that the systemfan on the mobo does not spin, so might it be just a fan problem or is it the mobo?

If it is just the fan is it possible to just replace it?

My specs are:

Antec case with 350w PSU
Abit KV7 mobo
AMD athlon xp 1700+
2x256mb DDR 266MHZ ram
a geforce 2 MX 64mb graphic card
Nec DVD
Nec DVD-RW
1 IDE 40gb hdd
1 sata maxtor 200gb hdd

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

where is the system fan you speak of mounted? on the cpu, northbridge, or elsewhere? if a fan mounted on or affixed to the motherboard fails, replace it immediately.

there are no specified demensions for northbridge coolers, so you'll have to think of something on your own. usually a local electronics shop will have a fan that will fit. check the voltages and wattage draw before you buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back