Mobo problems nothing on screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just put together a new barebones system, biostar ideq 210m with celeron d 3.0ghz, sata hd etc and am having a problem in starting the system up. There seems to be power to all components, fans working, leds, drivess spin and so on but i am getting no signal from my screen.

When I first switched on I got the self check and was asked what I wanted to do and when I tried to proceed with os installation the system frooze and have seen nothing on screen since.

I have tried to clear the cmos and so on but to no avail. And i'm not sure it si any of the components as the bios should come up on screen with out any other components.

Has anyone had similar probs as I dont want to have to return the item.

Ant replies would be great thanks

Newer graphics cards may need an extra powercable connected between PSU and card.

Best bet is: disconnect from the mains, remove everything except 1 stick of RAM and the graphics card.
Try booting. If OK, switch off, disconnect from the mains, add 2nd/3rd etc. stick of RAM and reboot every time.
Then successively add floppy/hd/cd/other cards and reboot after every single item.

Thanks for the reply, but the graphics card is built into the mother board I will try with on ram in the system and get back to you, should I take the cpu out as well then?

Did you apply thermal paste or a thermal pad between CPU and cooler?
If not, you CPU is instantly overheating.

And without a CPU you can't boot...

I have put thermal past on the cpu between the CPU and the fan so I dont think it is the cpu overheating. I'll have to wait until I get home but I think I already have tried to boot up with everything out except cpu and ram. Still didnt get any beeps and supplier are being a bit useless in getting back to me. Really frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back