Mobo Replacement Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, and thank you for taking the time to view my post!

My...LOL:haha:....Emachines w227 went poops due to the dreaded power supply failure taking the mobo with it as well. I have had NO luck with emachines support on replacement questions.

I would like to purchase a new mobo that will still allow me to use my restore CDs ( I was told that a mobo of either the same type or manufacturer(?) would work with my restore Cds) so I do not have to purchase Windows...that would start to get expensive! I was hoping to upgrade to a superior board, if possible in this scenario.

And one dumb question, do new mobos come with the processor, or is that a stand alone purchase? :eek: me not too smart...lol

Thank you everyone for you help and I am glad to see such a helpful community!

-Aaron

Here is all the specifacations on the computer:
Operating System: Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition

CPU: AMD Athlon™ XP Processor 2200+ (1.800GHz) with QuantiSpeed™ architecture
Monitor Bundle: eMachines® 17" eView™ 17s2 Monitor
(16" Viewable, 0.27mm dot pitch)
Chipset: VIA KM 266
Memory: 128MB DDR (PC2100)
Hard Drive: 40GB HDD
Optical Drive: 48x Max. CD-RW Drive; 3.5" 1.44MB FDD
Video: S3 ProSavage8™ integrated (1 AGP slot available for upgrade)
Sound: AC '97 Audio
Network: 10/100Mbps built-in Ethernet
Modem: 56K ITU v.92-ready Fax/Modem
Peripherals: Standard Multi-Media Keyboard, 2-Button Wheel Mouse, Amplified Stereo Speakers
Ports/Other: 6 USB 2.0 ports (2 on front), 1 Serial, 1 Parallel, 2 PS/2, Audio In & Out, Mic-In & Head Phone jack on front, 3 PCI slots (2 available)
Dimensions: 7.25"W x 14.125"H x 16"D

if you still have the origional hard drive it should have windows and should be configured to your hardware (mobo) and no, your motherboard does not come with a new prossesor you will have to swap a few things from your old mobo onto your new one, no windows installation is required, if you want you can send me a private message and we can discuss this further :)

you would do far better by replacing the system and salvaging what you can from the parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back