MObo type: rev1.x or rev 2.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minion_of_U

Im trying to find drivers for my motherboard. It's a Gigabyte GA-8VT88OP Combo (it says it on the board). I went on the Gigabyte website and it has two versions of this: GA-8VT88OP (rev1.x) and GA-8VT88OP (rev2.x). I dont want to install the wrong driver, so how do i figure out which one mine is?

Won't it hurts if you try this and that drivers?

Remember, you need to experience it firsthand.

If it is wrong, uninstall it and install the other one.

Plus, the label on the board, usually near RAM...

GA-8VT88OP (rev_._)

The revision should be there on the white sticker.

Yeh, it's actually my sister's computer and im trying to fix it for her because its a bit unstable. I dont want to trial and error because it's not mine. And the motherboard doesnt say anything about revs on it...
The comparisons on the Gigabyte website show absolutely no difference, so im wondering of it's just the same anyway. Does anyone know what revs means?

I don`t know what the revs mean, but I have just downloaded the via 4 in 1 chipset drivers for both revs and as far as I can tell, they`re exactly the same.

Whether that applies to the other drivers, I don`t know and would be for you to find out. ;)

Regards Howard :)

Revision means once it is released, some time company have to go back in and revise it, such as ROHS complicant, bios re-written or new / added / modified chips like.. realtek network.

Lots to list about the hardware's revision.

Like Howard says... it never hurts your system if you try the different drivers.

Just experiment it and you would be gladly that you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back