Mobo will only read the main IDE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just built this comp and it happens that now it only reads the cd rom or hard drive if its connected to IDE 1. The Mobo comes wit another 2 IDE's but it wont read the hard drive or the cd rom. My mobo is a Foxconn 925XE. I dont kno wat to do so if anybody has any suggestions please help. Also IDE 1 is ATA 100/66/33 and IDE 2/3 are ATA 133/100/66. Does this mean anything in readin the hard drive n cd rom?

Did you install the motherboard controller drivers and did you make sure the second IDE channel is enabled in the BIOS?

Well windows is not installed yet so how am I suppose to install the drivers? And shouldn't IDE 2 be enabled automatically?

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

What mak and model of MoBo?
It might be disabled in the bios.
try clearing the cmos first.

It's clearing the cmos.
Should be covered in the book that came with your MoBo.
It's a jumper, usually very close to the battery on the MoBo.
It will be 3 pins in a row and the jumper will be on 2 of them,
you'll shift the possition from pin 1 & 2 to pin 2 & 3 for a few moments,
then put it back to pin 1&2. this clears the bios memory.

umm i reset the csmos and it still the same thing. Its wierd though because when it detects the ide b4 it goes into bios it shows the cd rom but when it goes into bios, its not there

How do you have the cdrom hdd setup?
Master/slave ide1 or master on both ide's?
Do you have both cdrom and hdd set correctly master/slave
on the drives themselves?
Sometimes it helps to have hdd on the end of the data cable
set as master or cable select, cable select is for a drive all by itself.

Considering I have 3 ide ports I'm trying to have them both as masters on 2 different IDE. If i put the HDD as the master n the cdrom as a slave in just one port (IDE1) it picks it up. But now that I try to make the other one the master of IDE 2 it only picks up the master of IDE 1 and thats it. But it detects the cd rom in the ide scan but thats it.

3 x IDE (Parallel ATA 133) to connect hard disks and optical drives
8 x SATA connectors supporting RAID 1, 0, 0+1, JBOD
Is this correct for your board?
You may have a setting in the bios that disables the two extra ide ports
in view of the 8 Sata's.
I haven't found it yet but my board has it too.
It seems to me I had to set it to auto or both
but shutdown the raid support.
BTW nice board!
Don't give up yet..... :knock:

yeah thatz the specs. yeah its a nice board, the one i bought for my other comp was nice but i only had 1 ide port. ive been looking through the bios and i havent found anything, but it makes no sense, the ports are there to be used so wat the hell lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back