Modded cooling system!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rik

Hi all, just completed modding my water cooling kit, think this is the right forum for it?? hehe.
Only thing is, I'm not exactly sure how to put a picture in a post???

That is, if anyone is interested in seeing what I've done???

Or if you really wanted to put it in your post you could

Or just use the gallery like cody said.

Either way, I am interested.

I will sort some pic's out as soon as i can.

I've asked a friend if i can borrow his digital camra for a few days so i should be able to get some good quality pic's sorted.

Er, sorry AtK SpAdE, but getting some pic's of my cooling system is out of the question at the mo. The pump died on me.
This is sooooooooooo annoying, i spent 3 weeks testing the thing outside of my pc for leaks, efficiency, etc. It spent 3 days in my pc and the pump gave out. It cooked my mobo and cpu up good and proper, but thanks to it being a 64 bit system the thermal overload saved it.
The most annoying thing about it is that i have no idea why it packed up, ok, the pump was far from new, about 2 years old, and had seen a fair amount of use but nothing excessive.
Ive checked the piping for kinks and blockages but found no problems at all. I'd be happy if i could find a reason for what happened but i cant, so the water kit isn't going near my pc again until i find the cause.

Wow that is too bad.

I have worked with many aquatic pumps and have had my fair share die on me, they just dont make em very well anymore.

Best of luck

Sean

The only thing that's majorly different about my modding to the kit is that the reservoir i made was watertight, whereas the original reservoir wasn't. I had a submerged pump in the reservoir and I'm wondering if perhaps id made it too airtight too?

the reservoir should be airtight, but it should only be sealed once all the air has bled out of the system, if the system is run with too much air in the lines, then the pump can die pretty fast.

what did you make the reservoir out of? it needs to have a sealable vent or filler plug at the top to allow the air to escape as you add water to the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back