TechSpot

Modding A Thermaltake V7000+ Maybe

By Merc14
Mar 25, 2005
  1. I've got a Thermaltake V7000+ that works great but is just plain fugly. 1st time builder that wanted something big, especially since this is an SLI rig, and didn't really consider all aspects of the final looks. Can't justify buying another case so I was thinking of cutting a window out of the side. Is it worth it to buy the FrozenCPU kit for this or does the double sided tape thing work OK? Can I find a V7000D window side panel somewhere that I haven't found to retrofit? Definitely don't want this to look like a hatchet job. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated before I take saw blade to metal.

2. Ph30nIX

Ph30nIX TS Rookie Posts: 359

i suggest that you DONT try this unless you have HIGH qualitry tools.

This afternoon i cut a hole with a holesaw, in the side of my computer, looks like a piece of sh*t, the holesaw went BLUNT and i ended up hacking through it. :knock: . it was pretty funny though.

3. Merc14

Merc14 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 464

I went ahead and bought a Lian Li PC60A Plus from Newegg. Fits me better than the Thermaltake. I'll put the V7000+ up on ebay and if it doesn't sell, just hang onto it. It's a good case and I'll find some use for it.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.