Modding A Thermaltake V7000+ Maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merc14

I've got a Thermaltake V7000+ that works great but is just plain fugly. 1st time builder that wanted something big, especially since this is an SLI rig, and didn't really consider all aspects of the final looks. Can't justify buying another case so I was thinking of cutting a window out of the side. Is it worth it to buy the FrozenCPU kit for this or does the double sided tape thing work OK? Can I find a V7000D window side panel somewhere that I haven't found to retrofit? Definitely don't want this to look like a hatchet job. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated before I take saw blade to metal.

i suggest that you DONT try this unless you have HIGH qualitry tools.

This afternoon i cut a hole with a holesaw, in the side of my computer, looks like a piece of sh*t, the holesaw went BLUNT and i ended up hacking through it. :knock: . it was pretty funny though.

I went ahead and bought a Lian Li PC60A Plus from Newegg. Fits me better than the Thermaltake. I'll put the V7000+ up on ebay and if it doesn't sell, just hang onto it. It's a good case and I'll find some use for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back