Modding DoD:S

Status
Not open for further replies.

RineEater

i want to reskin my BAR, however, the download i want to use doesn't say exactly where i put the files, and no matter where i put them, i get the pink and black checkered model. Here's what i do:

1)Download file- extract them to desktop
2)Explore to C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\steagle33\day of defeat source\dod
3)Go to Materials folder, then models, then weapons
4)Here there are 2 folders: v_models and w_models- (i don't know which to use, tried putting all the files in v_models, didn't work) I go to the bar folder and put the files that came in the materials folder here
5)Go back to the previous destination ^ in step 2, then go to the models folder
6)Go to weapons, then put all the files that came in the models folder in there

i've tried many combinations and i still can't figure it out. Can someone help me plz? Here is the file i'm trying to use: http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/22741

An extra point, the files from the materials folder all have same name, but some are .vmt and some are .vtf

nobody? i really do want this skin so any help would be appreciated so i dont have to go back to the regular look that came with the game.

Now that I know your user name I'll run my little program until your account is mine hahahahahahahahahaha! Just kidding. Remove your user name from your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back