TechSpot

Modem Emachine W3107

By Edwin Phate
Apr 12, 2008
  1. For some reason the Modem wont work i tried to install the drivers one from Emachines and another from the manufactures website and i still get this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Btw Emachines Customer support sucks imo.

2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 5,268   +92

Download these drivers to your desktop and install them in Safe Mode.

Oh, and yikes on the GUI that PC has...

3. Edwin Phate

Edwin Phate TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 140

LOL its my nephews :( well do though lol.

4. Matthew

Haha, sure sure, it's your nephew's ;).

5. Edwin Phate

lol i swear i was gonna write something like this is not my computer so don't make fun of the gui lol to funny that someone actually said something.
    gasp the mouse wont work lol how do i paste to desktop now looks like ill have to figure something out. this computer has problems the mouse just started working:/

It didnt work :( same thing

6. Edwin Phate

i dont want to double post but help plz

7. Matthew

The best I can conclude is that the modem in that PC is either not supported by the drivers on their site, it's a third party modem, or it's flat out broken.

Instead of guessing what device it is, lets try and actually figure out what it is and then we can hunt drivers down for that specific device.

Download something along the lines of Everest or anything else that will display information about your hardware. When you've found out what the device actually is, post here and I'll try and find the drivers for you, or, search for them on your own.

8. Edwin Phate

well what do you want to see everest provides alot of info. is there any services that are used by the modem?

9. Edwin Phate

opps i see there is a report feature never used it. this is the modem conexant d850 56k V.9x DFVc Modem Ive download and tried various ones im about ready to tell them to buy a new one.

10. Matthew

Give this driver a shot, if it doesn't work, replace the modem. They're cheap enough these days...

11. Edwin Phate

didnt work modems are like 15-20dollars anyway no big woop. i told them my aunt to buy him a new one :p anyways thx Zenosincks.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.