Modem won't connect to Internet with new computer

Eon Blue

Hi, I'm having a problem with the internet in my new computer. I took the CD that my ISP provided me with my older computer and used that to install a program that would allow the modem I have with my older computer to work on the new one. Everything downloaded correcty and I plugged the modem into the ethernet connection on the back of the pc, the internet worked fine for about 10 or so minutes, allowing me to download only Steam. I previously had a game installed and wanted to play on the internet with the game, when I got in I noticed that the game was laggy and my ping was over 500, so I unplugged the modem from the computer and plugged it back in. After that I wasn't able to connect to the internet or Steam at all, in the network and sharing center it said that my computer was hooked up to the internet and that it should work fine. On both of the computers i have under the status, both computers say IPv4 Connectivity: Internet, but my older computer says IPv6 Connectivity: Limited and the internet works, but on my new pc it says No Connection. I am really at a loss here, as networking and all of that is really not my thing.

Any light you guys could shed upon my problem would be greatly appreciated.
Also, sorry for this being so long.

get back to the top - -
Is this the ONLY computer connected to this ISP or do you have another one?

What kind of connection are you using {dial-up, ADSL, Cable, Satellite}?

Make & model of the modem? ___ any router? ____

Has this computer connected to this ISP previously?

Back