Modify Windows XP Themes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bushwhacker

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have come across to these custom themes.

I was wondering how and what program that will open up the default Windows XP themes and integrate it?

Windows XP has Blue, Olive and Silver. I have the new Royale Noir theme and want to integrate it, put all in one.

How would i do that with a what program?

P.s. if you are going to refer me to ResHack, please provide me detailed on how to open up and add the picture, codes and things in it.

Thank you.

Lucan

If you want to use unsigned themes (as in any theme not put out by Microsoft), you simply need to patch the uxtheme.dll file & then install the them in the Windows\Resources\ folder.

Perhaps I didn't explain enough.

I have the royale Noir. I WANTS to add royale and royale noir inside the windows xp

Default Windows XP Theme
Default ( blue)
Olive
Silver

I want to modify the theme, by adding the royale theme

Modified Windows XP Theme
Default ( Blue)
Olive
Royale
Royale Noir
Silver
Zune
[More list]

How and what program? Thank you.

If you would have followed my link it gives a zip file and directions for download and use. I have been using this for some time.

Download Royale Noir (.ZIP) [403K]
Download Royale Noir (.RAR) [232K]

Instructions to use:

1. Extract files to “C:\windows\resources\themes\royale noir”
2. Double click on “luna.msstyles”
3. Select “Noir” from “Color Scheme”

Because this theme has been code-signed by Microsoft, No UXTheme.dll hack required.

evilfantasy said:
If you would have followed my link it gives a zip file and directions for download and use. I have been using this for some time.

You don't understand this at all, forget my topic.

Sorry if I am missing the point. But I was thinking you want the Royal Noir as the appearance on your computer?

Like this.

royalnoir.jpg

Nice wallpaper btw.

My point is.. I already have royale Noir and i know how to apply it.

You see, click and select Windows XP under " Windows and buttons"

Click Color Scheme, it list 3 schemes, correct?

Now i want to hac-k the file and add the royale and royale noir schemes to windows xp.

Get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back