TechSpot

MoH: Airborne Help

By Disturbed88
Mar 10, 2009
  1. i recently upgraded my rig and decided to play Airborne and when i went to install i entered my cd-key and everything but when it goes to install PhysX the installation closes and thats as far as it goes. i tried running the actual installation of PhysX off the cd but i got a message saying i already have PhysX instaled so i checked the versions and my current is 909.02.03 and the version on the cd is 7.07.09, if anyone knows what could be causing this please post as i really want to play on my new rig.

Cheers

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,980   +362

I'm not sure I understand the problem correctly. I will say that Physx is included in the Nvidia graphics driver package so if you've installed a recent Nvidia driver from their website, it included Physx.

3. hambone43

hambone43 TS Rookie

what you need to do is uninstall the physx driver from nvidia. if you go into add/remove programs, scroll down until you see Nvidia Physx and uninstall that. then go ahead and try to install airborne again. should go off without a hitch. i had the same problem not 5 minutes ago and the install is at about 40% right now. i plan on reinstalling the nvidia physx drivers after the install is complete. if that doesn't work i'll post.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.