MOHAA loading problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is, having just purchased a Medal of Honor"Allied Assault" video game and loading it on to my laptop, a Toshiba 8100 I keep getting this message, "GLW-start open
GL( ) - could not load open GL subsystem. ? The graphics card is an S3 Graphics Inc. Savagel MX.
At present I have DirectX 8.1 drivers installed, any ideas ?

Dear vegasgmc Thanks for your reply although I'm not quite sure what I am looking at,
is Biostar M7NCD an upgrade to what I already have along with Barton XP-2500 etc. regarding my graphics, if so is it easy to change the chip, or do I have to change the board ? as well as anything else "I'm only a learner" not up to speed yet. Look forward to hearing from you thanks again, Best wishes John Dean

You read my "signature". Thats the components in my computer system.
Your video processor is built into the motherboard and it cant be up graded. I think changing your motherboard to one with better video would probably cost as much as a new desktop computer.

John Dean said:
The problem is, having just purchased a Medal of Honor"Allied Assault" video game and loading it on to my laptop, a Toshiba 8100 I keep getting this message, "GLW-start open
GL( ) - could not load open GL subsystem. ? The graphics card is an S3 Graphics Inc. Savagel MX.
At present I have DirectX 8.1 drivers installed, any ideas ?
Try downloading & installing drivers from here. I vaguely remember running some Quake3-engine based game (MOH:AA is one) with S3 Savage4 card - but it wasn't fast.

Thanks Vegasgmc, looks like i'm destined to brush up on my computer skills, you know emails etc. and leave the games for another day when I can afford to upgrade my laptop,hopefully I will pick up some skills and tips from people like yoursef in the forum. Nice talking with you. thanks again.
Bye. John Dean

Hi Mictlantecuhtli, thanks for the update it's worth a try Iv'e got nothing to lose, I will let you know, thanks again for your help, Bye. John Dean

Hello Mictlantecuhtli, regarding the MOHAA loading problem,I downloaded the drivers as you suggested but unfortunately without any success,still nothing ventured , nothing gained. My video card is only 8 mb and the game needs at least 16 mb.
Thanks again,nice talking with you, Best wishes John Dean.

does onboard video memory not just use your system memory..if so i think you can apply at least another 8Mb for the graphics? maybe more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back