Mohaa not running smoothly

Status
Not open for further replies.

snypsta

hi i hope very much that you can help me, im playing medal of honor allied assualt and very often i get very choppy graphics and its very slow, some maps on the game are fine like V2 rocket, if any of u play mohaa you will know that map :D . my graphics card is:
Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics controller

is there anything else you guys need to know

i would be very gratefull if you could help me play mohaa smoothly
thanks
SnypSta

sorry i forgot i found these in system properties, hope this helps you help me ;)

Fujitsu Siemens
Intel(R)
Celeron(R) CPU 2.60GHz
2.62 GHz, 248 MB of RAM

The intel onboard graphics, in fact the Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics controller is on my work PC computer, is not that good of a gamming card.

The only think you can do is make sure you have the most current drivers which may not help that much at all.

I hate to mention this, but you may have to upgrade your video card in order to get smooth graphics. I would also increase your ram to 512 mb ram.

The only other option is to turn down the video / audio options. If the game supports Creative's EAX, and it's turned on, I would turn it off to get a boost.

hey hey! i seemed to of solved my problem, all i did was type in the console com_maxfps 999 (increases my FPS to the max)
and my mohaa is running pretty smooth.
there isnt any risk to my computer by doin this is there?

well im thinking of doing what u sed and that is to increase my RAM memory to 512 MB.
The problem is i dont know where tostart, i've found what i think will work on my computer but im not sure, its:
PNY
512MB PC2700 SODIMM
MEMORY

I found that at www.pcworld.co.uk

will this work on my computer? my system details are above^^

if that is not what im looking for, do you reccomend any 512MB hardware?

You can also go to www.pcpitstop.com, run a scan and they'll tell alot more about your computer, but you should get a new Graphics card, cause some games don't work with the integrated Video Cards, And it can only help your performance.

okay ive increased my mb of ram to 504MB of RAM, now i need a really good cheap graphics card that will allow me to play mohaa very smoothly.
Any Suggestions?
that would be great
Thanks.

if you are only going to play mohaa just go for something lo-priced like a Nvidia geforce fx 5200 (i use one and get a average fps of 80 on full settings)

but if you are going to buy some newer games i would recommend something like the Nvidia 6600GT as i think its the best bang for buck in the mainstream market.

unless you like ATI

how about this one i found:

XFX NVIDIA 256Mb FX5200 TV+DVI PCI
Enclosure Type: Plug-in card
Interface Type: PCI
Graphics Processor Data Width: 256-bit
RAMDAC Clock Speed: 350 MHz
Video Memory Installed ( Max ): 256 MB DDR SDRAM - integrated
Memory Clock Speed: 400 MHz
Max Resolution (external): 2048 x 1536
API Supported: OpenGL, DirectX
Analogue Video Format: RGB, S-Video
Digital Visual Interface (DVI)

The GeForce FX 5200 GPUs deliver best-in class performance and features at a great price. Experience cinematic-quality effects and studio-quality color, and the industry-leading performance and rock-solid driver stability you expect from NVIDIA. The only DirectX 9 compatible GPUs in their class, the 5200 models are engineered for compatibility with the latest gaming and multimedia software.Microsoft Windows 95/98, Linux, Microsoft Windows 2000 / NT4.0, Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition, Microsoft Windows XP

will this allow me to play mohaa with high FPS? its at a pretty good price for a 256MB card.... looks too good to be true, thats why im asking you guys.

£67.00 Inc VAT
£57.02 Exc VAT

That looks like a decent card, but make sure your monitor has a DVI connection. If you only have a VGA monitor it won't do you any good from the looks of it. Although, I think they make converters..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back