Mojang announces August release for Minecraft Xbox One, PS4 and Vita editions

Jos

Staff

mojang minecraft xbox ps4 vita

One of the most popular gaming titles in recent years is finally making the jump to next-gen consoles. Mojang announced today that Minecraft is coming to the PlayStation 4, Vita and Xbox One in August . Each will cost $19.99 but can be had for $4.99 if you own the last-gen console version already.

There's no word yet on a specific launch date but the developer detailed a few other things about the upcoming releases. In a nutshell, the PS4 and Xbox One editions will include all the features found in the previous versions, and you’ll be able to import worlds created on previous-gen platforms. The new versions will have “significantly bigger worlds” so you can’t go the other way around.

"Many, but not all" downloadable content purchased for the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions will be transferable too, with the rest "trapped in licensing deals” unfortunately. Lastly, Cross platform play will not be possible between Xbox 360 and Xbox One, or PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.

The game’s PlayStation Vita version will be a cross-save, cross-buy title with the PS3 build. That means any Vita owners who picked up the PS3 version of Minecraft will get the PS3 + Vita Edition for free. You can play on either device, save, and pick up where you left off on the other.

Permalink to story.

"Slightly improved" in the world of Minecraft must be in adding one extra line of pixels...

Truly, the "dumb" goes to new heights. They say it takes to know the right time and the right place to take c##p, and it will turn to gold. And judging by what I've seen, your lucky man had a diarrhoea right on the spot.

At least, vitally, their sentences make sense/cents.
But honestly, £19.99 for that?

smartphones and tablets have more powerful hardware.
like I said, they can try to make it, but it won't be minecraft anymore.

I don't believe it has anything to do with the hardware. There are weaker smartphones and tablets than the 3DS that can run condensed versions of the game. Also, considering that Minecraft is much smaller than several throwback games and there is a knockoff version called DSCraft already available for the system tells me that Mojang could develop Minecraft for the DS, but it chooses not to. Which is all perfectly fine: I just want the kiddies to stop playing it on my PS3 so they can play it on their DSes.

I don't believe it has anything to do with the hardware. There are weaker smartphones and tablets than the 3DS that can run condensed versions of the game. Also, considering that Minecraft is much smaller than several throwback games and there is a knockoff version called DSCraft already available for the system tells me that Mojang could develop Minecraft for the DS, but it chooses not to. Which is all perfectly fine: I just want the kiddies to stop playing it on my PS3 so they can play it on their DSes.
just like PC games, smartphone games also have hardware requirements.
here's the DS hardware:
ARM11 MPCore-based dual-core processor
PICA200 as the GPU (OpenGL ES 1.1 API support + some added features)
128MB RAM with a maximum bandwidth of 3.2 GB/s, in which 32 MB are reserved for the operating system and unavailable to games
6 MB of VRAM

+secondary CPU's for background services.
------------------------
as you can see it's ancient hardware that is surpassed by even cheap, under 100$, smartphones now
I'm sure you'll find some games that your kids will love to play on the 3DS :D

Back