TechSpot

Mojang's new game Scrolls slated to launch on June 3

By Shawn Knight
May 28, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Mojang’s next major release is finally slated to launch in open beta for the Mac and PC. The title, which was originally expected to drop in April before being delayed, will carry the same community-assisted development model that the developer...

Read more

2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,425   +822

So now you're allowed to trademark a word you didn't invent. I wonder what Bethesda would say if someone published a game called 'Geriatric parchments'.

psycros and Cycloid Torus like this.
  3. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TS Booster Posts: 186   +39

Antique Papyri.

Edit: My wife suggests: "Old Newspapers". She isn't a gamer.

psycros likes this.
  4. tehbanz

tehbanz TS Enthusiast Posts: 183   +10

What concerns me the most is that most of these online TCG turn into micro transaction pay-to-win hell. I can already see 2 currencies in the video while browsing the store. Gold/Silver, chances are one of them is purchasable.

Normally I wouldn't mind because free games usually hold my attention for about a month - but this ISN'T a free game and it's a shame

psycros likes this.
  5. "So now you're allowed to trademark a word you didn't invent. "

I'm gonna trademark the word bathroom, so everytime you ask for it you have to pay me.

psycros likes this.
  6. Renrew

Renrew TS Enthusiast Posts: 245   +18

I'll see your bathroom and raise you a toilet.

7. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Guru Posts: 802   +87

I bet they put a "real-money auction house" like Diablows 3 to sell cards for a fee.

psycros and tehbanz like this.
  8. "I'll see your bathroom and raise you a toilet."

Sorry, there is no place for joint venture.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.