Monday Misc. news bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Ironically enough, Microsoft Watch takes a look to Apple's next-gen OS, 'Panther'.

NVIDIA today announced that the nForce3 Pro chipset is now in volume production. With this announcement following that of single-processor Opterons, it won't take long until enthusiasts start building machines using the 64-bit platform... even if it's kind of useless for the time being...

Overture has announced new website partnerships in order to broaden its ad network using contextual adwords (similar to those Google's ads shown here @ TS).

IBM debuted its own Itanium-based servers today although at the same time announced test results that put a machine using their own chips ahead of an Itanium server manufactured by Hewlett-Packard.

Last but not least, a dispute is going on between Amdmb & Tom's HW websites after some 'misunderstanding' (or whatever you want to call it) during Million Man LAN 2003 last week.

Who cares about those MAC's anyways....

lol, jk guys... dont come kill me now.... lol :D No, seriously.:blackeye:

As far a the MML2 event, and the mudslinging and all the stir, that's resulted from the AMDMB.com statement, it get's mighty hard to figure out all the hard facts. Here's something from THG and a couple of snippets from it.
My sincere hope is that AMD finally realizes that their fanboy sites are what is going to ultimately put them out of the desktop business. If it was possible, I'd set up a tote and take bets on it.
If it was the case that we could strongarm any other competing site, Ziff Davis would have pretty much stuck it to all of us some time ago, or IDG, or CMP, or any other publisher for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back