money, money, money

palmboy5

We should all know that the US dollar had a different worth than now.
Now what is the today's US Dollar worth compared to the Old one?

What kind of thread is this? Try to help people with their posts, not make bogus ones like this...I dont see it being too important that we know this, but if we really,really,should, reply back telling us all why.

? What are you talking about? The dollar fluctuates in value just as any other nation's currency. Tomarrow the dollar will be worth different than today. So why now bring this up, actually why bring it up at all?

I thought the 'meeting spot' forum was the place for useless posts, if so then why are you guys so irate about this thread.

BTW, are you talking about inflation? That is why a soda now costs $1+ where about ten years ago it only cost about $ .50

Storm - Meeting spot is for off topic posts not "useless posts". When someone posts something like this where the post can be interpreted an infinite amount of ways (or for that matter not able to be interperated at all) people like myself question the validity of the post in general.
Inflation... you left youself open to so many attacks with your $1 to $.50 analogy... so you are saying there that there is a 10% per year inflation rate??? You talking about US inflations there, because there is no way in hell its been 10% inflation for the last 10 years.

Ok, so threads like the ones everyone makes when they reach some high number of posts actually have a purpose. I was under the impression that threads like that were totally useless to anyone other than the one who made the post.

And about my analogy, I was not making a percentage comparison I was simply using that as an example of inflation which sounded more like what Palmboy was trying to ask about. The fact that it worked out to 10% has nothing to do with anything. That is just the local price of a soda from a vending machine now compared to ten years ago. I could have used another item and the difference may have been more or less.

The last thread that people continued to make completely worthless posts was the word association thread, and that was created by our admin, Julio. And that thread has been closed, so there won't be any more of those worthless posts.
Meeting spot is a place where pretty much anything goes, but there are some restrictions, I would guess our general membership knows those restrictions without even having to ask though.

For US dollar inflation, go to the inflation calculator.

Here's what I got:

"What costed $1.00 in 1800 would cost $10.00 in 2001.
Also, if you were to buy exactly the same products in 2001 and 1800,
they would cost you $1.00 and $0.10 respectively."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by SNGX1275
? What are you talking about? The dollar fluctuates in value just as any other nation's currency. Tomarrow the dollar will be worth different than today. So why now bring this up, actually why bring it up at all?

^^^EXACTLY^^^
And soda still cost $.50 Storm. Thats for a 12oz can(standard). You can now get 24oz bottles for $1;) Just a little bit of clarification:grinthumb

I dunno, but the dark side is asking me to start slaying these worthless, pointless threads like the armies of Rohan beheading Orcs.....

HELLO!!! This is a computing web site. Next you will all be posting asking for advice with girls and wanting to know the answers to your school terms papers.....

OVER MY HEAD BODY!

Originally posted by ---agissi---
^^^EXACTLY^^^
And soda still cost $.50 Storm. Thats for a 12oz can(standard). You can now get 24oz bottles for $1;) Just a little bit of clarification:grinthumb

YOU DONT GET THE QUESTION!!!
o well,
conradguerrero answered it, thanks!:D

yeah i get the question...its just if u read what phant said, you'd understand this isnt the place...and most of us really WOULDNT care;)

Originally posted by ---agissi---
^^^EXACTLY^^^

Where do you live? 12oz cans from a vending machine locally cost $1 and ten years ago(actually up until 5 or six years ago) they were $.50

In Hawaii, the prices vary on the location. For example:

branded 12oz sodas at school - $0.75

no brand 12oz at Costco - $0.50

branded 12oz at Lowe's lunch/break room - $0.55

branded 12oz at Lowe's contractor sales office - $0.60

and at Che Paul's, an expensive French restraunt, for a 12oz of coke in a fancy glass - $3.00

:D

Yea, same here Conrad, at the student center at my college, branded 12oz sodas are only $.75 and the machines at Wal*Mart are $.65 I think. There are also a few businesses that I do work for which have prices like that in their breakrooms, but most of them are $1.

I think maybe the price of bread would have been better to use but I can't remember what bread cost 10 years ago.

Go ahead and argue with me all you want, but this is my $.02 and noone can change that :D

Well, in 10 years that would be 0,04$ then, so by then it will have changed Veh :D

i dont mean the price of items (look how quickly tech prices change... and its not always negative:rolleyes:)
i mean whats an old dollar worth to today's dollar...

Originally posted by palmboy5
i mean whats an old dollar worth to today's dollar...

Which old dollar? Considering that the value of a dollar changes from day to day, quite a lot can be called an "old dollar"...

Do you mean at the last printup?
Do you mean what was it worth before the civil war/WorldWar/WWII/whatever?

u nutters :]

i mean, what a completely pointless thread :D
yet you all seem totally taken by it and it's grown and grown and grown :)

where i do think it's pointless, i dont think it's right you have a go though, but it's not computer related, the 3DS word game isn't exactly computer related, yet that still goes on, and yes it's different but he obviously felt like you guys could help him :)

just my 2 cents (old and new rates ;))

Originally posted by StormBringer
Where do you live? 12oz cans from a vending machine locally cost $1 and ten years ago(actually up until 5 or six years ago) they were $.50

I live in Indiana. Only in airports can you buy 12oz cans out of a machine for $1 (...airports are such a rip).

My school has bottles for $.75 and cans for $.50...

But we're sponsored by Pepsi, so it might be a little cheaper.

Back