Moniter not recieving cable signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parrey

Hey

I have just got my computer back after having my HDD fail for some odd reason and go into ultra slow mode ,anyway thats irrelevant because when i take it back home and hook it into my samsung syncmaster tft lcd it wont find a signal ,after much useless tinkering i tried it on 2 agp moniters which both didnt work on my comp but will work on others.

My cables are secure ( i replugged them in about 10-50 times) and checked my comp for damage ,it was working earlier on ,so its sudden

any help would be great thanks

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Open your computer, and check that your videocard is properly seated.

If that doesn`t help. Take your computer back to whoever fitted the new hdd, and have them sort it out for you. You shouldn`t be charged for this.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Ok this is the odd thing i had another comp that i got back at the same time which worked perfectly fine.. and now all of a sudden it has the same problem as the other one ,this is f-ing weird!... the gfx cards are all good ,its really odd i have never had this problem before . before it got given back to us they where tested and where fine.

Mmm. Strange indeed.

At the very least, it sounds as though the person, or people who repaired your computer, don`t know what they are doing.

I`d recommend you get a second opinion from a different pc repair tech.

Regards Howard :)

lol trust me they know what there doing ,i have the same people fix it as last time ,its a very large nation distributor of pc stuff , but they also sell to me privatley :p

I just think it`s strange that you take your computer in for one problem, and it comes back with another one.

I know I wouldn`t be very happy. For it to happen once is I suppose is acceptable, but twice!

When you find out what the problem is. Would you please let us know?

Regards Howard :cool:

i have searched all over the net and have found similar problems with different solutions which arent working for me. The pain in the *** for me is that the weekend is the only time i get to relax on the comp and last weekend it was broken and i finally got it back so i'm stuck on my crap comp.

It was perfectly fine before we took it back home ...i'll keep fiddling with them later

i rang the guy back up when i got home and he cant think of why they shouldnt be working..

Parrey said:
lol trust me they know what there doing ,i have the same people fix it as last time ,its a very large nation distributor of pc stuff , but they also sell to me privatley :p

Lets see 2 machines, both serviced there, both having problems afterwards...sorry but i think i would take Howard's advice and get a second opinion.

patio. :cool:

you mean the secondary power source for the Mobo? hmm i'm pretty sure they are connected but i will look at it..

thanks for all the help guys

EDIT: ok i checked and the secondary power is in , and i noticed my gfx card was loose, i was like "finally yes ,this has got to be it!" i put it in properly and still no go...

ok when i connect it to DVI-D it flashes between analog and digital to find which one it is ,and if the dvi is connected it goes blank and the power light blinks (which is suppose to mean its in power save mode ,but it doesnt come out of it when i move the mouse) ,and when i remove it ,it says check cable ,so the cable is being detected...

i also cant get to the bios so its not the gfx card..
so confused..

I've had a problem similar to that, it was because of water though. I was bringing my computer back from a friends house, and it was stored safely in my trunk. When I got home I plugged in my computer, it turned on but same problem, the monitor was not detected. I know it was water that caused it, because pretty much nothing worked. There was also evidence of condensation in the computer. While taking it back home, did you quite possibly leave it outside for an extended period of time? Or brought it home in wet weather? For instance mist.

Hahaha it's quite the opposite of Washington, it's probably the coldest and wettest time of the year. :rolleyes: When you brought it home, it's possible it was damaged during travel. How'd you get it back? I highly doubt it, but as I said! It's a possibility.

well in the car boot on the side ,hmm i donno maybe i cord but it is incredibly unlikely

i called the guy who fixed it and he said bring it in ,after some misbelief of asking "it should work" over and over lol :p

I got the one of my computers back and the other one is still at the shop

apparently the motherboard on the first broken one short circuited and i'm trying to get warranty on it :(

and my other one is unexplained since its working now

In other words the shop put a new hard drive in, and managed to screw up you mobo.

I`m sorry, but I wouldn`t be taking my computer anywhere near that shop again.

Regards Howard :cool:

actually it was me when i was messing around with it *i think*

when i got it back i pulled it apart to check for the changes :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back