Monitor distortion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am experiencing what I understand to be barrel distortion--the computer screen bows out at the top and sides. I have replaced every component of the system (monitor, CPU, keyboards, cables, mouse) yet the problem persists, though it was not present during the first several months the system opeated at this location. Any suggestions on how to solve the problem?

Did you try to "force" it back to normal using the monitor menu keys on the front? It could be a failing video card/onbaord video or PSU. Are the symptoms reduced if you reduce the resolution? If yes, then it could be the video card straining from an internal fault of itself or a failing PSU.

I don't believe there is a problem with the system itself. All works fine--there is not screen distortion--when I set the system up at my home. The problem occurs only when the system is operated at my dauther's condo.

Then that would indicate and evirornmental factor causing the problem. have you tried different locations within the condo? it could be electronic or lighting casuing the interference. I had a 5.8 ghz phone that would casue distortion on my CRT monitor if the handset got withing 3 feet of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back