GAINWARD 8800ULTRA 768MB 8576
    ABIT IN9 32X-MAX s775 nF680i
    Corsair TwinX 2GB DDR2 6400 C4
    Intel Q6600 Quadcore CPU
    500Gb Seagate SATA2
    LiteOn LH-20A1S-15C SATA BLACK
    CLabs SBS 560 5.1 Speakers
    MS Win Vista Home Prem 32Bit

when I first turned it on the screen did not receive a signal. After poking about on the net on my old pc I found that reseting the bios could work. So I flicked the EZ-CMOS1 up and down and low and behold It worked. The only this is I have to do this every single time I restart the PC? It also complains about the CMOS checksum error or something. This is my first build so any sugestion will help

OK I just noticed something in the start up... when It complains about the Checksum thingy it says the memory speed is 533MHz, the Ram (this) I bought is ment to run at 800MHz, could this be the source of the problem?
  2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

A tour through the ABIT manual, or a discussion with the ABIT tech support people should take you to a fix. I suspect you have a minor setup problem, and if you go back through the checklist when rested and not frustrated, you will come down to a solution. I doubt that it is anything serious.
    Press the shutdown button for 12 seconds. When off, remove your CMOS battery for a few minutes. Now look for little, but obvious things.
  3. Alexyboy123

Alexyboy123 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 63

4. Alexyboy123

Alexyboy123 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 63

Thank you, just removing and replacing the battery worked
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.