Corsair TwinX 2GB DDR2 6400 C4
    Intel Q6600 Quadcore CPU
    XCLIO WINDTUNNEL BLK CASE NPSU
    500Gb Seagate SATA2
    LiteOn LH-20A1S-15C SATA BLACK
    CLabs SBS 560 5.1 Speakers
    MS Win Vista Home Prem 32Bit
    CORSAIR HX 620W MODULAR PSU

when I first turned it on the screen did not receive a signal. After poking about on the net on my old pc I found that reseting the bios could work. So I flicked the EZ-CMOS1 up and down and low and behold It worked. The only this is I have to do this every single time I restart the PC? It also complains about the CMOS checksum error or something. This is my first build so any sugestion will help

OK I just noticed something in the start up... when It complains about the Checksum thingy it says the memory speed is 533MHz, the Ram (this) I bought is ment to run at 800MHz, could this be the source of the problem?
  2. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

A tour through the ABIT manual, or a discussion with the ABIT tech support people should take you to a fix. I suspect you have a minor setup problem, and if you go back through the checklist when rested and not frustrated, you will come down to a solution. I doubt that it is anything serious.
    Press the shutdown button for 12 seconds. When off, remove your CMOS battery for a few minutes. Now look for little, but obvious things.
  3. Alexyboy123

Alexyboy123 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 71

Checklist?
  4. Alexyboy123

Alexyboy123 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 71

Thank you, just removing and replacing the battery worked
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.