TechSpot

monitor dvd usb troubles

By kroenlien
Mar 7, 2005
  1. Last week i installed far cry and shortly thereafter i tried to play dvds and the drive would not recognize that there was one in the drive. Then this weekend my usb ports would not recognize my ipod(other pcs do though) i went into bios and restored the fail safe defaults as i have done several times before and when the pc restarted the monitor light went amber instead of green. the harddrives make all their normal sounds and as far as i can tell it is booting up i just cant see anything.

2. fishhookz

fishhookz TS Rookie Posts: 177

When the amber light is on on the monitor, is it after POST or after Windows logo?

3. kroenlien

kroenlien TS Rookie Topic Starter

no need

the green light would come on only to say that the monitor was going into standby mode and then it would go amber and turn off. no bios or any thing, but i removed the cmos battery and left it out for a while so it would reset and that fixed it, the monitor now works.
    thanks anyway

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.