TechSpot

Monitor Failure on BOOT!! Please help.

By Rod_Massoudi
Jan 21, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi people,

I've just recently attempted to build my computer and when I tried turning it on, the monitor claims that its working but there is no connection to the pc. I was just wondering if anyone knows what to do... Note that I just completed building my computer from scratch, so there is a possibility of error. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you,
    Rod
  2. maheswar2006

maheswar2006 TS Rookie Posts: 22

i cannot understand what u r trying to say. be a little more specific and exactly tell ur problem. we r always ready for solving .
  3. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,896

what is the hardware? Mobo, etc? first thing to do is make sure you have everthing connected properly. that includes the ram being seated firmly and the video card ( if you have one.) if you have onboard video but are using a video card make sure that the onboard video is disabled in the bios and that the setting in the bios is AGP not PCI.

last but not least if you have onboard video but are using a video card, makje sure the monitor iis hooked up to the video card adnnot the onboard video.
  4. Rod_Massoudi

Rod_Massoudi TS Rookie Topic Starter

I'm not sure whether or not I've connected everything properly, but I'm pretty sure I have...

Anyways, the problem is I can't even get to BIOS... the monitor says it's not connected to the PC even though the plug is fastened to the video card port... Any ideas on where I could have screwed up?

Thanks
  5. Shadowrunner

Shadowrunner TS Rookie Posts: 149

Video card's probably cooked, have it looked.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.