Monitor flashing analog hdmi then sleep mode

Hello I've been trying since the early hours to get my computer to work now, when I plug in either of my monitors (one is VGA and one is HDMI) it doesn't display any image. The hdmi screen flashes from analog to hdmi a few times and then goes to sleep and my vga monitor goes straight to sleep.

I'm not exactly adept at this sort of thing, I tried pulling out the two power cords in the graphics card and plugging the hdmi into the computers hdmi port but still no display.

I've tried putting the ram in different slots.

I've made sure my cpu is plugged in.

I get no beeps when it turns on, no error lights (that I can see) the motherboard has a green light on, which I assume means everything is good? the dvd drive opens and closes.

My monitors definitely work as I'm using them right now.

I don't know what else to do...my friend who's a lot more experienced may come to my house at 2-3pm but I'd love to get it done and not wait around for hours until 2pm.

Thanks for any help, if you need more info just ask.

http://www.ebuyer.com/lists/list/306457 <- that should display all of my components minus the case which is a x3 aero cool

"I get no beeps when it turns on, no error lights (that I can see) the motherboard has a green light on, which I assume means everything is good?"... No POST beeps mean that the motherboard is essentially "dead". The green light means only that 5 volts is present to the motherboard. Remove all the memory and power on the computer. You should hear continuous beeps. If you still don't hear anything, the motherboard is probably bad...

I fixed it! me and my friend tried a whole different motherboard but still nothing, so after some research I found out that some part sellers test their devices with different cpus and the old cmos/bios settings could cause my new one to not work. I reset my cmos and bam! working perfectly :)

Back