Monitor flickers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SornyPanafonic

hey my monitor for some time now flickers on its right side or my left (facing it). the other corner is fine just about 2/3 of the screen has some flicker or vibration. i figure its my NEC 75F monitor crapping out on me, but i might as well run it by you guys and see if anyone knows how to fix it. right now my refresh rates are hor - 48 ver - 60. my monitor doesnt support much (highest res is only 1024). come to think of it it only comes about when its been left on for long periods of time but i do have standby enabled and a screensaver - why isnt it saving my screen??!!! waaaah... anyhoot thanks for any ideas.

Vertical of 60Hz is pretty bad. I can see flicker at that very very obviously. See if you can bump that to at least 72, and hopefully 75+. As far as it being only on 1 side I'm not sure, or why it happens later. But I assure you 60 will flicker to most people, so see if you can bump that up a bit.

Screen saver doesn't save your screen as well as powering off the monitor. Disable the screensaver and set the monitor power off delay to 5 minutes in power management.

On old monitors you can sometimes see the outlines of the application that has been running on the monitor for years. This is whay you have a screen saver: you prevent a static image from being "burned" into the screen. If you really want to save your monitor, use the power management features.

Just out of curiousity, have you degaussed your monitor? You should have the option someplace on the monitor controls. It will disperse any magnetic build-up that has taken place on your monitor over time.

i deguase it all the time. i figured it out tho - its my tv. my tv is located a foot to the left of my monitor and whenever i would put my tv on video the left side of my monitor would flicker. just noticed the other day. all is well.

:D

The same thing just happened to me last night. Just the right side of my screen was like, shaking/vibrating, it was freakin' annoying...I thought it was the monitor crappin out on me.
But I have a fan (a Vornado, which rules) that I just moved a little closer to my computer, about 3 feet away actually, and after awhile, I just turned the fan off and noticed the shaking stopped.

No matter where I plug the fan in, I can hear my woofer pop, but the shaking only occurs when the fan is close to the monitor.
I guess I am overloading my sockets...but that's an easy fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back