Monitor flicking On and Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbonniwell

Good Day
I have a View Sonic G90f 19in monitor and is about 8 or 9 yeasrs old.
I have a Nvidia 8800GTS that is about 2 years old.
Lately I have been having problems with the monitor turning Off and then back On some times once in a while and sometime continuously.really no pattern to when it flicks on and off.
The Drivers are up to date for the V card.
I checked all the connections and everythings seems OK but still problem exist.
Settings are at 1280 x 1024 75 HTz 32 bit color.
I will open the cover and jiggle the V card but not sure if this would do anything.
Has anyone experienced anything like this?
thanks

If the problem only started recently and the monitor is 9 years old, it's likely it's dying. The only to know for sure is to swap in another monitor and see if it does the same thing.

-- Andy

Not sure where I can find another monitor, but I can swap with another computer to eliminate the V card I will try that and get back thanks

Someone had this problem a month or 2 ago, my response is the same.

I've had this happen on my 8800GTS too on one of my 2 monitors. I don't know what causes it, but I know a fix for me is to open the display prefs, and either change resolution and then change back or change primary monitor and then change back.

Yes, sngx1275's suggestion is entirely possible. SOmetimes hardware needs a "reset". There are different types of resets. The most common that often works is a powwer cycle or "hard" reset. But in some cases that does't always work. In this case, some circuits are "Stuck" and by toggling the settings you might be able to get the ICs unstuck.

It's worth a try. I've seen this happen.

-- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back