TechSpot

Monitor giving flickering black bars at top of screen.

By zycon
May 4, 2008
  1. This has never happened before. I went on vacation last week and figured i would turn my computer off to save power. So i did. When i came back and turned on my computer after a week, i saw these slanted black bars with little stripes of the screen through them, they were flickering very fast. I got to the setup screen where all the information for the computer is at (Bios, Ram, CPU speed, etc.) and it stopped. I go back into windows and it started again right when i get to the windows loading screen with the blue bar and windows icon. After about 5 to 10 minutes it wears off for some reason but every time i turn my monitor off, or it goes to power save mode and i turn it back on, they are there again for another 5 minutes. What is this and how can i fix it?

by the way, these stripes re appear when i go into certain games or a website with a dark backround, they dont show up with Call of Duty 4 but they do with Overlord. In Overlord they will go away when i look up at a bright sky but re appear when i go into a dark area... its so annoying, i cant play with them there...

2. tweakboy

tweakboy TS Maniac Posts: 518

What do you have LCD ? If so, turn off pc, turn off monitor for 30 minutes. Then give her another try.. GL,,

3. zycon

zycon TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 18

naw i have a regular one i guess, its fat, has a long back. flat screen though. MultiSync97F

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.