Monitor giving flickering black bars at top of screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zycon

This has never happened before. I went on vacation last week and figured i would turn my computer off to save power. So i did. When i came back and turned on my computer after a week, i saw these slanted black bars with little stripes of the screen through them, they were flickering very fast. I got to the setup screen where all the information for the computer is at (Bios, Ram, CPU speed, etc.) and it stopped. I go back into windows and it started again right when i get to the windows loading screen with the blue bar and windows icon. After about 5 to 10 minutes it wears off for some reason but every time i turn my monitor off, or it goes to power save mode and i turn it back on, they are there again for another 5 minutes. What is this and how can i fix it?

by the way, these stripes re appear when i go into certain games or a website with a dark backround, they dont show up with Call of Duty 4 but they do with Overlord. In Overlord they will go away when i look up at a bright sky but re appear when i go into a dark area... its so annoying, i cant play with them there...

What do you have LCD ? If so, turn off pc, turn off monitor for 30 minutes. Then give her another try.. GL,,

naw i have a regular one i guess, its fat, has a long back. flat screen though. MultiSync97F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back