Monitor goes "out of range" when attempting to play games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there I just got a new computer with a viewsonic 19 inch monitor geforce 7300 card running on windows xp pro and evertime i attempt to play a game my monitor goes out of range. I have tried to change the res to just about everything and it doesnt seem to help. Can anyone help me on this!

Candace

anyone know why my computer is doing this? at times the computer stayes out of range and i cant not get it to reset

Your game is opening up in a resolution to great for your monitor - try and adjust the settings for the game in an ini file or something.

Simon

Check the MAX Res and MAX Refresh rate for both the monitor and video card. Now it's not good idea to go to the MAX for RES. Some LCD monitors seem to break down more. I got one here that does it. But I was luckly after a few months it started to work again. Never will buy any LCD from that company again.

This happened to me. My monitor can only display from 800x600 to 1280x1024, but the game was sending 640x480. I rolled back the driver, reinstalled the new one, and could play. But if I turned it off, it went out of range again. My videocard is Nvidia FX5700LE and monitor is LG L1918S in case this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back