Monitor going blank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night in the middle of gaming, my husbands year and a half old, Sceptre Monitor, X9s-Naga II model, just went blank. The green LED light stays on, but there is no picture. The cables are plugged in correclty, there are no pins missing from teh signel cable, there are no nicks in teh cords. The cables work fine on my pc/monitor, however when i hook his moniter up to my computer it does the same. Turns on for a moment, (1 sec) then goes blank. My moniter works fine on his computer. I really am at my wits end, the warrenty just expired and im having a really hard time getting ahold of the maker of the company to find out what could be the problem.

Please if you have any suggestions help!

if it works fine on another computer then it obviously your own machine. im guessing its the graphics card, so try swapping it with the other computer only if you know what your doing and see what happens. the rest hopefully shouldnt be too dificult from then on ^^

the moniter does not work fine on any other computer. the cords do. and my moniter works on his computer. its his moniter that will not work on any other for longer then 1/2-1 second before going blank when turned on. thanks for the help ^^.ive narrowed it down to not being the cpu and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back