Monitor gray problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

infamous

ok, all of a sudden, or i havent noticed b4 but, i have a viewsonic G90fb monitor. but the sides of the monitor are grayscale. i noticed my aim window was like outta color. so i dragged it towards the center, and i saw the red on the X button. But when i dragged it back to the side, it turned gray. can ne1 help me out? suggestions?

damnit nvm, i cant give u a ss because the comps tihnks the red its just there, its a hardware malfunction i tihnk :(

Have you tried different resolutions or refresh rates? Also try degaussing. After those you could try another video card, if it still persists then its likely that your monitor is at fault, and if it just occured then it may be going bad.

kk, o yeah this just in, when i restart my comp everything is fine, i watch a lotta movies on winamp, and after those movies the sides turn gray again; is me watching too much movies on winamp a prob?

Bad Monitor

I had the same issue with a previous monitor - in my case, the nmonitor was bad - rebooting didn't change anything. It sounds like your card may be screwy, since rebooting fixes it and then watching movies messes with it again...but I could be wrong...

Is it only the movies in WinAmp?

You should do some more experiments to find out if it's about the way WinAmp displays video (overlay?) or a heat issue with monitor or vid card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back