Monitor has no signal out of a sudden

Status
Not open for further replies.

zwqing

I've recently bought a samsung 961bf monitor and it's been good. However, on two ocassions my screen went blank and there's this "analog/digital" box popping up as if it didnt have any signal. It happened twice when i was watching movies on windows media player.Everything on windows was still running fine as i can hear the movie playing without the display. I pressed the "source" button on the monitor for a few times to detect the signal but it wouldn't work. So i had to shut down my pc and turn it on back.And then the display comes back. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my monitor?

please check you power options first. it might be set to turn of the monitor after a while. this also happens while there is a movie playing and sometimes causes the computer to "hang" even if it doesn't look like that and you still hear sound.

Does this happen only when graphics intensive demands are present? (ie Movies, You-tube, etc) but not happen under normal everyday PC operations? Does your PC use a graphics card? A failing or overheating card could do this.

Thanks for all the replies! I'm using 7600gt and it has two dvi slots . I've changed the cable to another dvi slot and so far it has been working fine. I wonder why there are two slots. lol

maybe the other dvi port is not working correct then.
many video cards have 2 or more ports. that makes it possible to extend the screen to a 2nd display (clone screen or split screen).
wait if the port you put the cable in keeps working ok. if you don't need to extend your screen then it would be ok to leave everything as it is. if you still have warranty for this video card go for repair or replacement.

I have exactly same isssue why playing video just that my power options are set to never turn off monitor.
Only resetingh computer helps when that happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back