Monitor help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambivolent

I was given a Samsung SyncMaster 730B LCD monitor, my problem is that my comp is showing it as a CRT monitor not a lcd.

I have on board video at the moment, and it is plugged in through analog, could this be why it shows it as a CRT monitor? any suggestions?

my onboard video is VIA S3 UniChrome Graphic core

You might have to go to Samsungs website and download a driver for it... I had to do this for my Sony M-81

So pay attention to where the driver file is loaded and go into the Control Panel, System, Device Manager and update the driver manually

it says it cant find a better match than what i have installed now

i have a DVI plug in on the monitor also, if i got an adapter would that help?

Yes try the DVI Adapter... I use a Radeon 9600XT AGP card with a DVI connection to my Sony SDM-M81 LCD Monitor. The monitor type shows up in the Display Properties, and the ATI Catalyst Control Panel...

Update your Samsung LCD driver once again, try going to Display Properties, Settings, Advanced, Monitor, Update Driver and select, Properties, Driver, update driver, (Automatic search not at this time), Install from a list or specific location, (don't search, I will choose the driver to install), Have Disk, and point to your Samsung driver location and complete the driver install

There shouldn't be any problems if the PC detects it as a CRT monitor. I have the same monitor (without its driver), and works perfectly. I'm also using the VGA connection.

I think that you'd need to use another video card, and use the DVI connection. Then it should be recognized as a LCD panel.

thanks for the help, I am planning on getting a new video card, something that will support dual monitors what would you guys recommend on a budget of about $120 im not looking for the best one out there.

Thanks in advance

yes it dose have a AGP slot, and ironically i was actually looking at that same video card lol thanks i appreciate it:)

Tmagic650 said:
Yes try the DVI Adapter... I use a Radeon 9600XT AGP card with a DVI connection to my Sony SDM-M81 LCD Monitor. The monitor type shows up in the Display Properties, and the ATI Catalyst Control Panel...

Update your Samsung LCD driver once again, try going to Display Properties, Settings, Advanced, Monitor, Update Driver and select, Properties, Driver, update driver, (Automatic search not at this time), Install from a list or specific location, (don't search, I will choose the driver to install), Have Disk, and point to your Samsung driver location and complete the driver install

I had to do the above procedure for my Sony SDM-M81 before it would show the proper name in the Display Properties. The monitor would work properly without the driver, but like ambivolent, I wanted the proper device name listed, and not a generic monitor. There was a Sony monitor software utility available that allows me to adjust color and other video display parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back