Monitor is Blank at Startup!

By Raioke
Jun 25, 2006
  1. Hello, i'm in a bit of a pickle. My monitor won't show a picture at startup. Fans are running, the light on the monitor is running, and all cords are in place. Last thing I was doing was disableing VGA video or VGA settings (something like that) in the BIOS because games were very choppy after I installed my new hardware, (ram, and soundcard) I thought this could work or do something at least, but since im a noob at computers I got into worse trouble.

Now im here on this crap computer that cant even handle four Mozilla Tabs without lagging up.

Help Me!!!!!
  2. fastco

fastco TS Booster Posts: 1,122

Open up the computer case. Look for the cmos battery that looks like a nickle. Take it out and leave it out for a few minutes, put it back in and start the computer.
  3. N3051M

N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

Reset CMOS.

Unless you have a video card instead of the integrated one then that option should not be disabled. If you do have a card then plug in the monitor cable to the correct one.
  4. Raioke

Raioke TS Rookie Topic Starter

i promise not to change anything agian! taking out the battery worked

5. N3051M

N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

Changing things are ok, as long as you know what you are doing..

maybe do a bit of background research beforehand, before changeing certain settings as some are vital to the operation of the system and others are general/optional stuff..

Its probably lucky this time that you only fiddled around with vga settings, which could be fixed with a quick reset..
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.