Monitor is Blank at Startup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raioke

Hello, i'm in a bit of a pickle. My monitor won't show a picture at startup. Fans are running, the light on the monitor is running, and all cords are in place. Last thing I was doing was disableing VGA video or VGA settings (something like that) in the BIOS because games were very choppy after I installed my new hardware, (ram, and soundcard) I thought this could work or do something at least, but since im a noob at computers I got into worse trouble.

Now im here on this crap computer that cant even handle four Mozilla Tabs without lagging up.

Help Me!!!!!

Open up the computer case. Look for the cmos battery that looks like a nickle. Take it out and leave it out for a few minutes, put it back in and start the computer.

Last thing I was doing was disableing VGA video or VGA settings (something like that) in the BIOS
Reset CMOS.

Unless you have a video card instead of the integrated one then that option should not be disabled. If you do have a card then plug in the monitor cable to the correct one.

Changing things are ok, as long as you know what you are doing..

maybe do a bit of background research beforehand, before changeing certain settings as some are vital to the operation of the system and others are general/optional stuff..

Its probably lucky this time that you only fiddled around with vga settings, which could be fixed with a quick reset..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back