Monitor is Blank

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was turning on my pc the other day when i noticed the monitor go blank after a few seconds. I turned the power off on the monitor then switched it back on. The desktop appeared for a second then it went blank again. I looked at the monitor led light to see if had gone into standby but the light was still green. I assumed there was a problem with my light panel as i someone had a similar problem and it turend out to be this. So i rang up the manufacturers and got them to replace the monitor. Today i recieved the monitor and guess what exactly the same problem, but even worse it came on for a split second but now remains off. it doesnt even appear for a moment when i switch monitor on and off. can anyone help me, i have checked to see if everything is plugged in properley and it is.

First try a reset of the power supply. Pull out the plug to the wall, press the power button and hold for 10 seconds. If that doesn't work the PSU might be toasted. If the power supply comes on and the computer just won't boot, use the XP cd, boot from the cd and enter the recovery console. Type fixboot at the command prompt.

well i havent yet tried ur fix but, i tried the monitor on another pc and it did exactly same so im assuming theres nothing wrong with my pc or my psu. i even took out the dvi cable and tried an analogue cable and guess what that didnt work either, i think ive been sent out a dud monitor

It would be a dud monitor unless the monitor was damaged by the first time the problem occured. Try to get another replacement then try it on your other pc.

Regards,

Korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back