Monitor is going to sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this problem ...
I use a switch between 2 PC's ... For this reason, I use only one monitor, keyboard and mouse instead of 2. The monitor is a HP 1702. Time to time, when I switch between computers, monitor enters into "Sleeping mode", but only for one computer. Even if I try to reboot the computer with the problem, the monitor won't display anything except "Going to sleep" ... Also, if I try to connect the monitor directly to the computer which is still working, it;s OK. If I want to do this with the other computer ... Nothing.

I tried and I connected the computer to a CRT monitor and, after that, LCD woke up. So, where is the problem? Should I change the monitor everytime when LCD is going to sleep and forgetting to wake up?

I have a user with the same monitor and same problem. The HP 1702 is going to sleep as she is typing, as if the ACPI settings are turning on with an amber glow coming from the light. After a while it will turn back on fully. We replaced the monitor and she is still experiencing this

In the Power management properties of the non-working computer,is everything set to "never" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back