Monitor issues after I install my new AGP card, plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased a 128 meg nvidia geforce fx yesterday and attempted installing it in the agp slot in my seanix computer, but after I plug the monitor in it just stays black, like on standby. I have to shut the power bar off to reset the com. and then uninstall it again to go online to attempt finding more help. This process is getting extremely tedious.

I also tried going into cmos and adjusting settings for agp slot to the speed, x8 and 128 meg and even tried disabling generic SiS 32 meg card that came with com.

I really have tried evrything I can think of to remedy this problem. Help would be greatly appreciated! :confused:

Assuming that 32meg SiS graphics you speak of is integrated, there are a couple things you have to check before you'll be able to use your new card.

Disabling onboard is usually a simple process, but on some motherboards it can be a little tricky. What make/model is your motherboard?

Did you:

1. In safe mode, uninstall the drivers by going into your device manager?
2. In your bios, did you find the settings for disablind onboard graphics? Usually "init display first" or something like that. Also have a look for "onboard peripherals" in there.
3. Some older motherboards actually have a jumper you have to adjust to disable onboard graphics.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back