Monitor Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just did some maintenance on my pc recently. i made the mistake of buying ddr2 ram when i needed ddr and installed it in my system and started it up... only to have it crash and have a very strong smell of smoke but none visible.

i returned the ram and got the ddr version for the same price and installed it. my pc starts just fine now without any issues with crashing however NONW of my monitors will activate when i plug them in, they just sit in standby mode and say "no signal detected".

What i have done so far:
unplugged the graphics card: pny 6600, then plugged it back in and still neither of my monitors will work (its not just one broken monitor none of my 3 will work).
taken out all but the brand new 1 gig of ram
checked my powersupply: 420w, should have more than enough power

any help would be very appreciated, ive had this problem before and took it to a shop and got it fixed.... but for 90 dollars and i cannot afford that right now. so im asking for any help i can get, thanks!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I`m afraid you`ve probably fried your mobo.

Do you hear any beeps during the post?

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

exactly what kind of beeping sounds are they? when i turn the power on i hear some clicking and one distinctive beep. i have removed the graphics card and the pci sound card, the soundcard built on the mobo died several months ago

Depending on what brand and type your bios is, depends what your beep codes mean.

Look HERE at this beep code list.

I`m still of the opinion that your mobo is probably fried.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back