TechSpot

monitor keeps cutting out, no signal

By bluckfactory
Jul 10, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ive just bought a new pc, um, im completely lost when it comes to computers, but i have been using it for several hours, every five or ten minutes, the monitor flashes black for about a second, and then returns to normal. twice it has turned black and said 'no signal' until i re booted the pc. does anyone have any idea what it could be?
  2. bluckfactory

bluckfactory TS Rookie Topic Starter

hello everyone.
    well, its still doing it. completely randomly the screen blacks out for a few seconds and then returns to normal. i can play games and do everything fine. the only thing that i can sort of see a link to the problem with seems to be running the poker program PKR. twice today my monitor has completely lost signal until i rebooted, and thats been when ive been on PKR. please, does anyone have any clues as to what i can do to sort it out? or even what it is? any views would be greatly appreciated
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.