Monitor keeps going to sleep!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My samsung syncmaster 152v keeps sleeping and I have tried everything I can think of 2 cure it, but after downloading new drivers for both the monitor and my nvidia geforce fx 5200 graphics card, nothing has worked.

Please help me with some ideas what to do next

thanks

Check your power management settings in Windows. Assuming you're using XP...

Start>Control Panel>Power Options

There you will be able to set the various power options for the monitor and hard drive. Make sure your monitor is set to "NEVER", and then you shouldn't have this problem anymore. Let us know if this helps or not.

Did you solve this?

Hi,

I read your post about your Samsung monitor sleeping. I've got the same thing . Did you ever solve this?

Regards,

Nick

Hello, nicktan, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

Are experiencing a similar problem? If you are then it would be best to open up a new thread in this forum as i doubt you will get a reply from the original thread starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back