Monitor keeps pulsing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benan

Hi,

My previous montior kept pulsing which made me annoyed so i got a brand new one and its doing the same thing but worse what could make it do this?

Electrical interference. Try plugging it into different outlets to be sure the power itself isn't causing this. If that doesn't fix it you'll have to move the monitor to a different physical location.

Also, if its next to a tv or poorly shielded speakers you will have to move it or them!!!!

and kind of eletrical or magnetical interference will do this

when i use my pencel sharpener it will do this also
only on a CRT tho not sure what you have

have you installed new speakers, eletrial device or anything like this near your computer or in your home? if so move it or un plug it and see if it stops

Gona re-vamp this thread cause im annoyed

My monitor WONT stop pulsing.. I tried removing my speakers, didnt work.. removing my fan didnt work..

I had this problem for like 2 years now.. and the whole time i thought it was my monitor

check your refresh rates in the display properties>settings>advanced>etc.

take the monitor and PC to your mates place and rule out bad house wiring at your place..

excessively high or low frequency on a crt often causes fairly intense and (usually) rapid pulsing...but since thats controlled by the monitor not the pc (my understanding is that the monitor refreshed at the same rate whatever the refresh rate of the graphics output) it dosent dound like the problem.
Is the new monitor you bought crt or lcd?
Have you got another graphics card you could try?

Okay this is the story..

My old Windows 98 computer had a different monitor.. and it pulsed.. but near christmas last year it blew.. and i got a new one.. and for christmas i got a new comp.. the new monitor also pulsed.. so I put up with it.. then on my birthday i got a new graphics card to play some games.. and i also bought a new monitor (The one I have now) and it STILL PULSES :( i just chnaged my refresh rate too 75 herts its still pulsing a little bit in the corner..

and yes they are all CRT

is its happening on two pcs and two monitors its either dodgy power socket/dodgy power in your house or you have an electric or magnetic field somewhere near the monitor...take N3051Ms advice and try it in a different house. If this makes no difference listen to swker98, move pc to different location and move all electrical devices away form the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back