Monitor Keeps Sleeping

Prince Jimmy

Hey,
So I finally got around to building my first PC. I changed a few parts from my original build plans and I am not sure if it was for the better or worse but the issue is not whether I built a good PC or not.

When I cut on my computer and plug in the monitor, I read that you should get a sort of beep and some blue screen the first time you cut on your PC, however the only thing that happens with me is a message that the monitor is going into sleep mode, then it proceeds to go black. I tried plugging the VGA into the mobo port but that actually made the computer say I had no VGA cable at all.

The graphics card, a Radeon R7 260X, is compatiable with my mobo, ASRock 960 GM/U3S3 FX

Any idea what the issue is here and how I can fix it?

Is the PCI-E plug from the power supply plugged into the graphics card?

Just to be clear, your graphics card has an external plug that requires a separate connection to the power supply. Just because the fan is working doesn't mean it's plugged in. The graphics card receives power from two sources, this PCI-E plug and the PCI-E slot. It needs both to work properly.

Yes it has external plug and yes its all plugged in.

Do to recent alterations though I have finally got some progress. When I cut on my PC and have it plugged into the mobo VGA port, without my graphics card or hard drive, it gives out a series of beeps. From my understanding it is because of either the RAM or CPU. Both are new so I am left to believe it is an outdated BIOS that can be solved by getting a lower memory RAM and updating the BIOS to accommodate the large amount of RAM. Also my mobo is dual channel. Does my information sound correct?

Back