Monitor Light Flashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipknotHate

So, my sisters computer monitor on a dell...dell flat panel....started freaking out. you plug it in and the power light flashes green...and the screen in the bottom right hand corner blips white...no buttons do anything...this occurs even without the monitor connected to a computer.

(please no stupid respones...i build computers only serious answers)

What happens when you try a different monitor connected too that DELL? Remember these new monitors do go DOA when you lease expect.

When does it flash ?

My monitor light flashes when my PC is shut down
to remind me to turn it off.Is this her case ?

Re : "(please no stupid respones...i build computers only serious answers)"

Then build your Sisters.
You should know Dell is bad news and nothing but problems.

its fixed

well to the last one my parents bought her it plus i really dont like my sister that much =D

its the monitor itself if it was unhooked it would do the same thing i tried it on my rig...

but then my mom fixed it god knows how she unplugged the power cord from the back of the monitor (which i did like 20 times) and it did self test so then i knew it was working hooked it up no problem since....

weird

Yeah that is very strange, Then again it is a Dell but yeah very odd, it might be a loose solder joint inside of the mointer, and it could have been knocked back in place when you kept unpluging and repluging the power cord in the back of the unit? Thats the only thing I can really think of. Well I'm glad it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back