Monitor Loses Signal After Driver Install - GeForce4 TI-4400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all:

I have hit upon a really annoying problem. I just did a complete reformat of my computer and I have been trying to get my video drivers to work.

Here's my problem: The card works, I get video and everything, and I can boot to Windows XP fine.

Then I install my Nvidia drivers and restart the computer, like it says, and as soon as the computer finishes loading Windows, just when it should go to the welcome screen, the monitor goes black and then says it has no signal. If I restart in safe mode and then uninstall the drivers, I can boot normally again. It functions on the basic Microsoft Driver: (GeForce 4 Ti-4400 (Microsoft Corporation)), but as soon as I try and install drivers from Nvidia, the problem happens again.

I have tried the newest drivers and two older drivers.

I also have tried a friend's ATI Radeon 9800 SE card, and that seems to work, except that their Catalyst program locks up my computer when it tries to detect the optimal GPU settings. I am wondering if the two issues could be related.

Anyway, if anyone could provide any help here, that would be excellent!

It sounds like you missed chipset/agp chipset drivers when you reformatted your system. These wont come into play until accelerated AGP graphics drivers are attempted to be installed/initialized.

What mainboard do you have? You should obtain the newest motherboard chipset drivers and then retry your driver installation woes.

I have a PC Chips M817L V 1.5 motherboard. I have installed the ALi AGP driver and I will try and reinstall the driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back