TechSpot

Monitor/mouse/keyboard wont respond

By lotta123
Jan 26, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I ordered a brand new computer, finally got it and plugged it in only to find out my monitor/keyboard/mouse wont respond. I opened the case, everything was connected right, Thinking it might be a power supply prob i put in my 500watt one and left it. Still nothing. I reconnected all wires, graphics card and even the cpu itself. Nothing happened. I took out the ram and left one in..still nothing. I dont ever hear any prompt or beep when i start it up but everything seems to be running fine inside the case..the harddrive fans and graphics fan all work. I unplugged everything but 1 stick of ram/psu/graphics and nothing. I think its a faulty mobo since my last computers monitor stopped responding and i figured the pci slot gave out or something on it. I looked at my new mobo and none of the batteries seem to be bad. Any thoughts?

here are my specs
    MSI K9A2 CF-F AMD 790X CrossFire Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Dual Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, Dual PCI-E MB )
    1024MB [512MB X2] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module Mushkin
    NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT 256MB w/DVI + TV Out Video
    AMD AthlonT64 X2 5200+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
    160 GB HARD DRIVE [Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 8M Cache] (pre-formatted, no operating system)
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,824   +163

Return this brand new system and get your money back
  3. lotta123

lotta123 TS Rookie Topic Starter

the company is sending me a new mobo
  4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,824   +163

Good luck with this :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.