Monitor mystery...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really confused and hope someone here can help point me in the right direction. About a month ago I caused a short in my pc ( I tried to plug in my mouse to a usb port while it was on - static electricity is a ***** ) but here is the thing. I recently got a new computer and monitor but while the computer will start up and seems like its running right - the monitor won't turn on. Mind you its a new monitor - I even tested it at work and it runs fine but any of the outlets at home don't work.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing the monitor not to work? I thought maybe the short damaged the receptacle but I replaced it and nothing changed.

Help!

Time to load the comp and the monitor into the vehicle and head to a friends place and try it there - also try their monitor on your comp - I suspect it is a comp problem from what you say.

Usually its not the monitor thats the problem. The problem is most likely the mobo. I had this same problem with numerous computers that ive worked with. Test out the computer with a different monitor and if that monitor shows nothing, then you know its the computer and not the monitor.

Do a diagnostics check of the monitor and computer, then post your results. Its hard to go on the information you gave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back