Monitor not displaying... Don't think desktop is working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meilei

My desktop was working fine up until 3 weeks ago, when I was simply surfing on Yahoo! and it decided to freeze up on me. I waited for a few minutes to see if it would get back to normal, but it was just a cold freeze. I couldn't do anything, and was forced to restart by pushing the power button. After it restarted, the freezes came every few minutes for every time I restarted it.

The week after that I monitored my desktop to see it would freeze up like before, but would only get the occasional freeze-up every now and then. I decided to give it a break up until today when I decided to start it up. However, this time, my monitor just showed completely black as if the desktop was never switched on. The cables are all secured and I can hear the hard drive running when I turn the desktop on.

My friend seems to think that it could be the memory or the memory slot that is causing the problem.

Also, the last major thing I remembered doing on my desktop was updating my graphics card and motherboard. I was occasionally getting a blue screen that indicated that there was a device driver stuck in an infinite loop in relation to nv4_disp. I figured that the updates would solve the problem, and I think it did. I never got the blue screen after that.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.

I figured out what the problem was. Turns out one of my memory sticks went bad. My desktop works fine now that I replaced the bad memory with a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back