TechSpot

Monitor not displaying

By sarcar
Jun 18, 2005
  1. My parents have an "OLD" compac computer. None of the monitors we hook up to it will display. We know one of the monitors worked on that machine before and the other monitors work on other machines but not this one. What possibly is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks....

2. YellowC4S

YellowC4S TS Rookie Posts: 125

Not all of todays monitors are "backwards compatible". Newer monitors have "minimum" and "maximum" resolutions. If it is a really old computer, It might not meet the "minimum" resolutions for your monitor. Hope this helps. :)

3. sarcar

sarcar TS Rookie Topic Starter

The monitor was working on this computer and it is working on another computer, so I know it is not the monitor itself or the compatibility with this computer.

4. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,457   +228

It could be the graphics card or the onboard graphics. It depends on what you have. You really should fill in your system specs in your profile.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.