Monitor not responding after new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I just helped my friend install his new video card. However, now his monitor is not getting a signal. It is just a blank, black screen. When I installed the video card, I am almost positive I was grounded. I tried connecting the monitor back to the motherboard's video card (integrated) but the monitor did the same thing. It is a fairly new monitor and only about a year old PC. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I took the motherboard battery out to reset the bios but still I just recieved a blank screen. Ive tried connecting the monitor to the integrated video card (which drivers I unistalled before I put in the new video card) to see if I could get a picture at all. But plugging the monitor into both, I recieve no beeps and no picture.

hi

you will really need to go in to the bios and disable the on/brd video card, so take out the new card (power off pc first), plug the screen in the the onboard one, then go in to the bios...

:wave:

Definately remove the new card for now and reboot with monitor connected to on-board to confirm all is well. You can let Windows install default drivers if you want. Shut down again.

Now re-install and make sure the new video card has all the PSU connections it needs attached and the PSU can handle the new card. Reboot and enter BIOS as already suggested and disable on-brd video, save and exit and allow to start up. Windows should find new card and prompt for drivers. Direct the install to the video card driver Cd that came with the card.

Just in case, double check that the RAM is still seated ok, sometimes it gets knocked while installing new hardware.

After this go on-line to video card website and download the latest drivers. The ones on the CD are months if not a year old already.

Cheers.

Hi,

Are you sure the card is plugged in properly? The signal may not be going through. If it is, follow those instructions from everyone.

regards,

Korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back