Monitor Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently installed a pci card that has sata connections on it. I then installed a empty hard drive to the computer. I have windows xp program inside cd rom drive. I turned computer back on and now the monitor isn't coming on. I had planned on booting from the cd in the cd rom drive but I can't see anything because the monitor won't cooperate. What am I doing wrong or what do I need to do.

First, the monitor is not your problem. Something inside your computer is so messed up that it can't boot or show the picture.

The most obvious thing to do would be to make sure that everything is properly plugged in, including the monitor cable ;) See that all PCI and AGP card are firmly seated in their slots and that all hard drive cables are connected.

If that doesn't help, try removing the newly added PCI card and see if you can get a picture.

Checked everything to make sure it was all connected properly. He hard drive connects through the pci card. If I remove the hard drive and the pci card will it still boot through the cd/rom drive? I do have windows xp program disk in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back