monitor or video card issue?

By ruby-x
Oct 19, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I bought a new monitor for an old computer for my kids to use. THe monitor works well but I get a "wavy" effect in the background lighting on the screen. Is this a monitor defect or do I need to upgrade the video card on a 6 year old computer? THe Computer is a Dell Dimension XPS B866, the new monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 150T and the Video Card appears to be a Radeon 7200 Family (the device manager says this is the display adapter). Not sure if that is the ID for the Vid card but the closest I could get.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ruby
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,457   +135

You can go to the AMD/ATI website and download the latest video driver. This might help your issue...

Go here:
    http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Select the operating system and the Radeon 7200 series driver
  3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,277   +22

I agree with Tmagic650. Here is a direct link to the drivers. See if they make any difference.
  4. Tmagic650

Hey Rage,
    your link points to an unauthorized download link. That driver link goes to the page I posted
  5. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,277   +22

Thanks Tmagic, I replaced the link with one from Guru3D. :)
  6. Tmagic650

That works Rage!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.